At this time, contact email@example.com to receive a Career Cruising username and password.
Career Cruising is a website used by the Office of Academic Advising to help students understand their own interests, as well as explore majors and careers. Students complete a self-assessment, then schedule a follow-up appointment with an advisor to review and interpret their results. From there, students can access information on hundreds of various career paths!
- Explore your interests - Use the "Matchmaker & My Skills" assessment to answer questions about your likes and dislikes to find careers that match up with your interests. This assessment doesn't just provide you with a ranked list of careers they should learn more about - it explains why. This depth gives you valuable insights they can use as a springboard to further career exploration and discovery.
- Learn about careers - View hundreds of up-to-date, detailed occupational profiles including a full job description, typical working conditions, required education and training, expected earnings, plus links to related occupations and other useful resources specially chosen to encourage further investigation. Multimedia interviews with professionals in an occupation are also available.
- Find jobs - Access employment guides as well as search job postings using a search tool.
Career Cruising is available free to all UNI students - your UNI ID number is all that is needed to access the program. Contact the Office of Academic Advising if you have difficulty logging into the website.
How do I take the self-assessment in Career Cruising?
- Contact for firstname.lastname@example.org to create a username and password.
- Go to the Career Cruising Website
- Log-In by clicking "Create My Plan" and completing the profile information
- Under "Assessments" click on "Matchmaker & My Skills." Then click on "Start Matchmaker."
- Make sure to click "Answer more questions to improve my results" during the assessment. You should answer a total of 116 questions.
- When looking at results, uncheck the High School and 2 Year College options. We are assuming you will have a 4 year degree (bachelor's degree).