Tuesday, October 24, 2017 | 7-9PM | Maucker Union Ballrooms
Majors in Minutes is an event hosted during the fall semester by the Office of Academic Advising to allow current UNI students to explore majors from the students who are currently enrolled in those majors. In a speed-dating style, students will spend eight minutes per table asking questions and learning about a particular major. After those eight minutes are up, a bell will ring and students can choose to stay at that table or check out another. Students are able to visit as many or as few tables as they would like!
Upper-class students in every major will be there to share their experiences and answer any questions about their major. This event is purely student-to-student!
Students don't need to bring anything with them, but here are a few questions to get started:
- What do you study in (insert major here)?
- How did you get involved in this major?
- What are the different jobs/careers in this major?
- What surprised you about the major?
- What types of classes do you take? What classes would you suggest I take to learn more about the major?
- Are there skills or experiences I should have if I am thinking about the major?
- What do you like the most about this major? What do you like the least?
- Are there opportunities for internships or field experiences in the major? What are some examples of things I could do?
- Would you recommend getting involved in campus organizations? If so, which ones?
- Anything else you want to learn!
Want to learn more?
For more information or questions regarding the event, please contact Angie Tudor.