Peer Advisors (PA)
Peer Advisors are student advisors that provide campus-wide outreach and promote of academic advising services, as well as build relationships with first- and second-year students served through the Office of Academic Advising. Peer Advisors assist first year students in:
- Exploring majors
- Navigating the registration system and tools
- Understanding LAC requirements, and discovering academic resources.
Peer Advisors assist second-year students in:
- Understanding their decision-making process as it relates to majors and careers
- Building resiliency and grit
- Exploring campus resources and activities to enhance their college experience
The Office of Academic Advising employs four to six desk assistants each academic year. These students serve as the face of our office to answer incoming phone calls, schedule appointments for students with our advisors, and other office style duties.
The Office of Academic Advising does not currently have any available positions. Openings will be posted on the Online Job Board through Career Services.
Undergraduate Student Internships
The Office of Academic Advising is able to assist students who are interested in pursuing internships in student development, academic advising, and student affairs.
Students should contact Kim Bock if they are interested.