Majors in Minutes
Majors in Minutes is hosted during the fall semester by the Office of Academic Advising to allow UNI students the opportunity to explore majors from their peers who are currently enrolled in those programs.
Using a group, speed-dating approach, a student will spend 10 minutes with a UNI Senior peer to learn about the specific major of interest through discussion, reviewing, and by asking questions. When the time is up, a student can choose to either stay at the table or move on to learn about a different major. Students can visit as many or as few majors as they would like!
2022 Event Details:
- Tuesday, October 18, 2022 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Maucker Union Ballrooms
How do I prepare for Majors in Minutes?
You are not required to have anything official prepared for Majors in Minutes, but it is helpful to think of the types of questions you want to ask other students about their major! Use this handout to prepare or consider some of the questions below.
- What do you study in this major?
- How did you decide on this major?
- What are the different jobs/careers in this major?
- What surprised you about the major?
- What types of classes do you take? What classes do you suggest I take to learn more about the major?
- What do you like the most about this major? What do you like the least?
- Are there opportunities for internships or field experiences in the major? What are some examples of things I could do?
- Would you recommend getting involved in any campus organizations? If so, which ones?
- Anything else you want to learn!
Want to learn more?
For more information or questions regarding the event, please contact Angie Tudor.