The Panther Access, Connection, and Engagement (PACE) program is a transition and support opportunity for incoming University of Northern Iowa (UNI) undergraduate students.
PACE was established as UNI’s alternative to the federally-funded TRIO / Student Support Services program. The mission of the PACE program is to:
- Assist students in their transition and to build a foundation for success
- Help students find connection points throughout campus
- Promote student empowerment and a growth mindset
- Establish a community of learners
- Provide a TRIO transition opportunity for individuals who have participated in pre-college (Upward Bound, Educational Opportunity Centers, and Educational Talent Search) and college-level Student Support Services programs
Apply to the PACE Program!
Click here to fill out the PACE Program application - accepting applications for Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Fall 2022 semesters!
To be considered for the PACE program, a student must be admitted to UNI as an undergraduate student either as a new from high school student or as a transfer student. All students must complete the PACE program application to be considered for selection.
The PACE Program application requests:
- Basic demographic information
- Types of assistance students would like to receive
- Responses to two questions
The application review process will begin on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. New applications will continue to be reviewed throughout the summer until all program spaces are filled.
For the selection of program participants, the following factors will be considered: Pell Grant-eligibility, first generation status, previous TRIO participant, underrepresented ethnic/racial minority group, Jump Start participant, conditional admission status to the University of Northern Iowa, and other academic-need factors.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to your general questions.
If you are unable to access the PACE application, have questions, or want additional information about the PACE program, contact Nick Sullivan at 319-273-3406 or email@example.com.