The Panther Access, Connection, and Engagement (PACE) program is a transition and support opportunity for incoming University of Northern Iowa (UNI) undergraduate students.
PACE was established as UNI’s alternative to the federally-funded TRIO / Student Support Services program. The mission of the PACE program is to:
- Assist students in their transition and to build a foundation for success
- Help students find connection points throughout campus
- Promote student empowerment and a growth mindset
- Establish a community of learners
- Provide a TRIO transition opportunity for individuals who have participated in pre-college (Upward Bound, Educational Opportunity Centers, and Educational Talent Search) and college-level Student Support Services programs
Apply to the PACE Program!
Click here to fill out the PACE Program application - accepting applications for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters!
To be considered for the PACE program, a student must be admitted to UNI as an undergraduate student either new from high school or as a transfer student. All students must complete the PACE program application to be considered for selection.
The PACE Program application requests:
- Basic demographic information
- Types of assistance students would like to receive
- Responses to two questions
The application review process will begin in July 2022. New applications will continue to be reviewed throughout the summer and into the fall semester, with a deadline of Friday, August 26, 2022.
For the selection of program participants, the following factors will be considered: Pell Grant-eligibility, first generation status, previous TRIO participant, underrepresented ethnic/racial minority group, Jump Start participant, conditional admission status to the University of Northern Iowa, and other academic-need factors.
If you are unable to access the PACE application, have questions, or want additional information about the PACE program, contact Nick Sullivan at 319-273-3406 or firstname.lastname@example.org.