Office of Academic Advising
The Office of Academic Advising engages students through transitions, connections and resources. Advisors can help you navigate our academic experience and are here to support you as you make decisions about your major and future.
Our goal is to listen and support you throughout your time at UNI. Meet with our advisors if you have questions or want support, if you are looking for a sounding board, or if you simply need someone to point you in the right direction!
Office of Academic Advising Health & Safety Statement: Meeting with each individual student is very important to us. However, if you have an in-person meeting scheduled and you are not feeling well, please consider changing your in-person appointment to a zoom or phone meeting. Contact the Office of Academic Advising (319-273-3406) or your advisor directly by email to make arrangements.
Meet With an Advisor
Our advisors are here to help you! You can request to meet with an advisor by:
- Completing the Academic Advising Assistance Request form.
- Calling 319-273-3406 or emailing email@example.com.
- Dropping by ITTC 007 Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Academic Advisors and Peer Advisors are available to answer your questions.
Events & Programs
Peer Advisors are undergraduate students trained as advisors to help you succeed! Peer advisors can help you:
- Explore majors, minors and career options
- Understand UNIFI general education requirements
- Learn to use the registration system
Majors in Minutes
This fall semester event connects students with Senior peers in the majors you're exploring!
Featuring a group, speed-dating approach, you can learn about majors of interest from current students in that program through discussion, reviewing, and by asking questions - visiting as many or as few majors as you would like!
The Panther Access, Connection and Engagement (PACE) Program is a transition and support opportunity for new Panthers.
- Assists students with the transition to UNI
- Helps students make connections across campus
- Creates a community of learners